Help your child become a reader and writer with Smart Start: Read and Write! Developed by teachers, the colorful activities provide the perfect combination of fun and practice to give your child the foundation needed for academic success.
The grade 1 Smart Start: Read and Write workbook helps your child identify word family spelling patterns, practice rhyming words, and read and write simple sentences.
- Accelerate your childs reading progress: 20 easy-to-follow weekly lessons help your child increase reading and vocabulary with word families.
- Creative and fun lessons: Keep your child entertained while learning.
- Reward stickers: Motivate your child to complete the activities.
- Audio stories: Provide an option to listen to the audio story with your child.
- The activity book is organized into weekly lessons around word families such as an and at and ig and in. Activities focus on practicing two different word family patterns a week.
Every themed unit follows a similar format and includes:
- Alphabet stories: Introduce two word family patterns and include an audio read-aloud option.
- Spell It! activities: Focus on writing and vocabulary.
- Write It! activities: Provide practice reading and writing simple sentences.
- Read It! activities: Provide reading and reading comprehension practice.
- Find It! activities: Provide fun word searches around the word families of the week.
- Lets Review! activities: This simple review activity helps you evaluate your childs understanding of word families and provides additional practice.
Practice important first grade skills in Smart Start: Read and Write, such as:
- Writing and reading simple words and sentences
- Identifying word family patterns
- Reading comprehension
- Following directions
- Fine motor skills
Includes answer key.